Monday, June 25, 2007

uninspired..

thats how i feel these days at least when it comes to blogging.. some days its hard to come up with something clever to write and i am afraid most facets of my life are quite mundane.. the week was good. thats hard these days.. i seem to have bad or good days never great, fantastic or all too memorable.. of course my kids are memorable and they are daily surprising me with new things they can do... but so often throughout the day a major meltdown seems to overshadow the good things. thats been hard lately.. my boys have learned how to have meltdowns and they are hard to console (especially because it usually happens at the same time) hello.. shouldn't twin moms have more arms or something?
i am trying to wake up these days remember that joy is a choice and most of the things i feel i just let control my life when really i have a choice to let some things completely overwhelm me. finding time to enjoy the small things..
like how ari loves to sit in my lap and look at books
like how noah eats anything and everything in sight
like how they now know the signs for "eat", "more", "milk", "all done" and "thank you" (we are working on "please")
like how they wave and clap and blow kisses
like how they sign "thank you" when you put them in their car seat
like how they love to make boy noises when playing with cars and trucks
like how they snuggle on you when they are tired
like how they say mummum from their cribs when they are done napping

yes its good to remember to choose to enjoy these moments and choose joy in as many circumstances as i can.

4 comments:

Eva said...

Hope you have some fantastic days soon -- or at least days without meltdowns. Sounds like mommy needs a bit of a break! I hope there's someone who can babysit for a couple of hours and give you some needed rest/"me time."

Though the cute stuff does sound delightfully cute.

Eva said...

I can almost always relate to your posts! (although only x1) You have a way of putting into words what I'm often feeling and going through with Jonas. The ups and downs of being a SAHM. Choosing to find joy in the little things rather than focusing on the not so good. So true. Thanks for posting.

Marcy said...

You are totally blessed Heather... although I know sometimes it's hard to remember that!

Stacie said...

Ditto.