Saturday, January 07, 2012

foodie files

I have always been big on cooking. In fact I much prefer cooking to baking. I enjoy experimenting and "throwing" things together as the Stallion would say. (He's a big fan of my cooking which is nice). We have always ate relatively healthy.. I love cooking with fresh ingredients but since changing my lifestyle (in regards to exercise and food) I am always on the look out for healthy healthy meals... I've found some goodies lately. So here is your first foodie file.



Oh yummy! The lean ground chicken makes these sooo good. I omitted the water chestnuts and added mushrooms and red pepper. You could throw almost anything in these.




Yes thank you to Lisa for introducing me to Iowa Girl Eats. Have been using her as inspiration a ton these days. I have been drinking my lunches and this is an awesome recipe. I add protein powder to mine (love Arbonne's powder) and I usually use frozen berries instead of banana and pb.




truth be told I have always made a killer pad thai... we LOVE thai food. but this recipe is good. real good.




ok this is sooooo not on the healthy list but I made it for a New Years Eve party with some friends. Super easy, super cheesy and olivey. A bit too buttery for my liking but it got good reviews from friends and the Stallion.




typed in best chocolate chip cookie and this is what I found... oh boy my perfect cookie. fluffy and soft and chewy. I LOVE these especially frozen. Ok so again not super healthy BUT in my life I allow myself a treat every now and again. And I am good with that.

Any new recipes (or old standbys) that you love. I'd love to hear them.

4 comments:

Lydia Di Francesco said...

MMM It all looks yummy.

As you know, I'm eating clean now. Here's a recipe that super easy to make. I add in more beans than it calls for.

Lydia

2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 540ml can of black beans
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
½ cup chopped celery
1 cup fresh or canned corn kernels
½ fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp chives, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp sea salt
2/3 cup lime juice
1 tsp hot sauce

Combine all ingredients and serve!

Angela said...

Thanks Heather for posting recipes. This week just has gotten a little bit easier! I think I'm going to have to try each one!

Lise said...

And I thank Crystal for introducing me to Iowa Girl Eats. :) YUM.

patti said...

mmm...all of it looks delicious. i've never made pad thai...probably should!